Coronavirus Prevention FAQs
What does Arizona Virtual Academy (AZVA) recommend I do to protect my student and family from coronavirus infection?
Like you, AZVA and Stride K12 are concerned with the ongoing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. To safeguard your family and prevent the spread of the virus, Stride K12 strongly recommends following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prevention guidelines, some of which are outlined below:
CDC's Recommendations for Slowing the Spread
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Monitor your health daily. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.