Grow Your Career Options
Agriculture has moved a long way from the old family farm. From vertical hydroponics to urban agriculture, you'd be surprised at the diverse opportunity available in this industry. Discover your options today!
Which pathway is offered?
Mechanics & Technical Systems—This pathway prepares students to apply knowledge of engineering, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, power, structures, and controls to design agricultural structures, machinery, and equipment and develop ways to conserve soil and water and improve the processing of agricultural products.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Agriculture Teacher
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician
- Natural Sciences Manager (requires post-secondary education)
- Soil Specialist
- Solid Waste Manager
- Water Quality Manager
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- OSHA 10 Agriculture Arizona Agriculture Skills & Competencies Certificate
- BASF Plant Science Certification
- Benz School of Floral Design Principles of Floral Design Certification
- Agricultural Technician Certification
- Arizona Landscape Contractor Association (ALCA)
- Worker Protection on Standard Training Handler Verification Card
- Section 608 Technician Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)