Dual Enrollment High School Program
It’s never too early to start thinking about life after high school. To help our students get ready, concurrent enrollment at Arizona Virtual Academy (AZVA) offers the advantage of preparing for college while working toward a high school diploma. Students can earn up to 12 tuition-free college credit hours per semester at one of our partner institutions.* One college semester course (three credit hours) equals one semester of a high school course (0.5 high school credits).
The following benefits highlight how dual enrollment could be the advantage your student needs to get an early start on a bright future:
- Students have opportunities to earn both high school and college credits at the same time.
- By completing college credits in high school, students may be able to finish college earlier—saving time and money.
- Concurrent enrollment courses are guaranteed transfer credits to any public Arizona state college.
- Students gain access to all Rio Salado college benefits, including advising, computer labs, counseling, library, testing center, and tutoring.
- Students can participate in online and in-person college classes offered across the state.
AZVA concurrent enrollment partner institutions include:
- Rio Salado Community College
*Although AZVA covers tuition costs at a partner school, students are responsible for any other associated costs such as for textbooks, materials, transportation, etc. Please contact the AZVA counselor for specific course requirements.