CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
Health and Human Services
Make a Difference
What if high school was all you needed to get started on your dream job? Many healthcare careers don’t require a college degree. You can begin making a difference sooner than you thought!
Which pathways are offered?
Nursing Services—This pathway prepares students for a career in helping patients in need. It can lead to a career in sports medicine or as a certified nursing assistant, registered nurse, dental assistant, and more.
Pharmacy Support Services—This pathway prepares students to work in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Pharmacy technician
- Nursing assistant
- Dental assistant
- Medical assistant
- Home health aide
- Physical therapy aide
- Personal trainer
- Rehabilitation aide
- Chiropractor assistant
- Optometric assistant
- Medication care coordinator
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Article 9 Certification
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Licensed Nurse Assistant (LNA)
- NOCTI Dental Assisting
- NOCTI Medical Assisting
- NOCTI Nursing Assistant
- State-based Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA)
- AMCA Physical Therapy Technician Certification (PTTC)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- ACSM Certified Group Fitness Trainer
- NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- NCCT Tech in Surgery Certification (TS-C)
- AMT Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
- OSHA 10–Healthcare
- NHA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- Arizona Technical Skills Assessment